Friday, December 17, 2010

FFF (13)- Cinderella Story

I think its fair to say, especially since I usually hit up the petite section in most shopping stores, that I'm a petite person.  Welp, if you want a confidence down-grade, then head on over to Korea

Believe it or not, my 5’5” (on a good day) stature is apparently too tall for their pants.  On multiple occasions, at multiple stores, I’ve found myself putting on pants that just so happened to become cropped the second they hit my legs.  I don’t get it.  I really don’t.  Some of my students are taller than me.  Where the hell do they shop then?  Why don’t Korean pants fit me?  I literally have no explanation for this.

This gal, who normally fits into 0-2 or x-small, suddenly enlarged to a medium.  O.V.E.R.N.I.G.H.T.   Woof.  Thank you Korea for extending your compliments to your foreigners.  I mean really, it’s not their fault that her citizens are blessed with such immaculate, tiny genes.  Maybe they should spread the wealth to the U.S.  God knows we need a reduction in our obesity stats.

And shoes are a whole nother story.  Thank goodness my mother blessed me with American small feet, but luckily, average to large Korean sized feet.  Most foreigners have a tough time finding shoes here, but when they do, man, its like finding the glass slipper.  The saying “If the shoe fits” takes on a literal meaning here in Korea. 

I’d say, shopping in Korea is anything but a Cinderella Story, so when the opportunity ensues, you must pounce on it.  Unless of course freezing your tush off was on the bucket list, then let the occasion pass.

Needless to say, Cinderella would be single if she lived in Korea.


Opseyo means "not be present/not exist"
Note 1: I could go on for days about Korean clothes/shopping/fashion, so I'm sure you'll find more on this blog down the road.
Note 2:  All of these cartoons are from a Facebook group "ROKetship" so I obviously can't take credit for them, but they definitely describe the story so well!

No comments:

Post a Comment