Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Word of the Week Wednesdays (1)

As I have started the Fun Fact Fridays to enlighten my readers of Korean cultural facts, I would like to establish yet another new tradition.  Every Wednesday I will try to post a Korean word of the week.  I will attempt to correlate this with the Fun Fact Friday of the week; however, I make no promises.

What is the first saying that you should always learn when visiting another country?  Well, if you don’t want to wet yourself, then “Where is the bathroom?”

Korean: 화장실
Korean pronunciation: Hwa jang shil
English meaning: Bathroom

In a sentence: Hwa jang shiri uh di ye yo
English meaning: Where is the bathroom?

Now that you know how to locate the bathroom, I’ll just wish you luck in understanding the Korean lavatory system.  Stay posted for Friday’s Fun Fact... you’ll understand then!

No comments:

Post a Comment